Friday, January 27, 2012

Visit to car dealer showed value of good employees, training - bizjournals:

vypybiza.wordpress.com
My adventure started simply enough. My wife and I wanted to take a three-day driving trip destination unknown — and then end up on the fourth day in New York City to meet my cousinn and his family for anotherthreew nights. The first day on the trip we stoppeed to check out a hotell in a small townnear Rochester, to see whether it had vacancies. When I returnede after seeing that they had rooms my Jeep would not Lightswere flashing, and things were beepingy (that is technical talk for I think it might be an electricao problem). I called AAA, and a trucjk quickly came out and towed my Jeep to thecloses dealership, which was literally next door to the hotel.
I “Wow, did I get at least with respect to the proximitgy to the service departmentr of the Jeep I walked over to the servicse area the next morning aroundx7 a.m., but they did not open until 7:30 a.m., so I just started lookin g at the new cars on the lot. I noticede a guy walking near my car withthe drop-ofr envelope I had put into the nighr drop-off box, which included detailx explaining what I thought was wrong with the car along with my keys. The guy, could not have been any nicer. He said that they were extremelh busy, with at least 20 cars aheadx of mine.
But he thought the problem was withthe And, he said, he would look at it as soon as he He then said to me, we are closed until 7:30 a.m., but why don’ft you go into that door and make yourselt comfortable and get some coffee, and I will be with you as soon as I Now, who could ask for more than that ? I was not their regulaf customer because I am from out of town. Dave knew that I probablyy would not be back forfuture service, let alonw to buy a new or used car from Still, he treated me as though I had been the dealership’s customerd for years and had been there many timez before.
The high level of servicew I received showed that the employees at this dealership were trained right and that whoever does the hirinfg knows how to look for the right attitudein people, which usually is not something you can The employees there treat each person with respect, not just theifr customers, but one another, too. Trusf me, after sitting there for three-plus hours, I had a chance to notice a few things aboutthe dealership. I just wish that more businessex out there were run as well as thisJeep dealership, wherw the customer is truly king, or at leasyt they sure made me feel that way.
It really is not very Treat youremployees correctly, give them a nice environmen t to work in, and provide them with ongoinbg consistent training along with competitive pay. You will be guaranteed to have long-termm employees serving happy customers. You can bet that they have a loyakcustomer base, where people look forwardr to coming to the dealership, whether it is for servicw or to buy a

No comments:

Post a Comment